Med Tech Training in Smithfield, RI
You will learn to consistently apply the community standard of care that includes, but is not limited to:
- Establish and maintain competency as a medication aide.
- Perform within authorized duties.
- Follow written instructions of a licensed health care professional authorized to prescribe medications within the scope of his/her practice and as transcribed in the medication administration
- record (MAR).
- Accurately record on the medication administration record (MAR) medications administered, medications withheld or refused, and the reason why a medication was withheld or refused
- Administer oral, sublingual, and buccal medications; eye medications; ear medications; nasal medications; rectal medications; vaginal medications; skin ointments; premeasured medications; and nighttime medications while working under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
After the successful completion of our program, you will become licensed as a Certified Medication Technician.
- Introduction to CMT Terminology
- Math Computations and Abbreviations
- Antibiotics, Antifungals & Antiviral Medications
- Anti-Diabetic Medications
- Seizure & Cholesterol Medications
- Asthma, COPD, Cough & Cold Medications
- Arthritis & Pain Medications
- Cardiac Medications
- Hormones, including Steroids and Anti-Parkinson's Medications
- Muscle Relaxants, Topical Medications & Transdermal Patches
- Gastrointestinal Medications
- Ophthalmic Medications
- Safe & Practical Medication Administration Practicum
- Final Exam Review
- Final Exam Documentation Requirements
All students must have and show proof of the following:
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED
- Copy of Active State of RI CNA License
- Copy of Photo ID
- Must Be 18 Years of Age
- Must-Have Clean BCI
CMT / Continuing Education Units
All CMT's must complete 4 hours of continuing education training every two (2) years as a requirement of renewing their CMT license. Failure to complete this training could result in loss of license and fines imposed by the RIDOH.
(R23-17.9-NA) Rules & Regulations Pertaining to RI Certificates of Registration for Nursing Assistants and Medication Aides...
"Beginning with the July 1, 2010 renewal period, every medication aide seeking renewal of a license under the provisions of the Act and the rules and regulations herein shall provide satisfactory evidence to the Department that in the preceding two (2) years the licensee has completed four (4) required continuing education hours as established in this section."
"At the time of license renewal, each medication aide will be required to sign a statement attesting to the completion of the above continuing education requirements."
(2020-4C) Continuing Education CEU's
Offered year-round - Choose two dates when registering. Pick two lectures. There are many topics to choose from.
$55.00 (includes $3.00 credit card processing fees)
$45.00 - for Generations CMT graduates (Generations' Graduates must register by contacting Cathy Salerno at 401-725-6400) in order to obtain your discount.
Med Pass Placement Services
If you need assistance completing your med passes, we can help you with placement at one of our partnering facilities.
There is a $100 non-refundable fee for this service, and you must have a clean BCI that is no more than 20 days old.
For more information, email email@example.com. This service is only offered to Generations' CMT graduates.
For more information on any of these training, please click here or contact Cathy Salerno at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 401-725-6400.
Disclaimer: We reserve the right to cancel any class, at any time, for any reason, and without notice.
CMT 8-week or 15-week training
$525.00 - Includes $12.00 credit card processing fees.
The first payment of $262.50 due at the time of registration.
The second payment of $262.50 is due on the 4th night of classes.
A discount of $25.00 if paying cash in full at time of registration, no payment plan offered for discount option.